It’s not our intention to repeat information already available from the New Zealand Authorities but rather to briefly summarise the Do’s and Don’ts and provide a number of relevant internet links and important phone numbers for further information.
It’s important to be prepared but there is no need for panic.
- Do have a plan with your family/friends/neighbours
- Do start sensibly stocking your pantry – but PLEASE don’t panic buy
- Do wash your hands thoroughly (minimum 20 secs) and regularly
- Do start practicing good hand and sneeze/cough hygiene. Always cough and sneeze away from others and into your elbow rather than your hands
- Do have your regular flu vaccination
- Do keep up to date by checking these official web-sites
- Don’t believe everything you read/hear from the media, social media (eg Facebook) or other non-official Online websites
- The best information can be obtained from the links above
- Don’t spread your germs to others.
- Always cough and sneeze away from others and into your elbow rather than your hands
- Don’t touch your face
- Don’t Panic
If you have symptoms…
- Ring Healthline 0800 358 5453 or 0800 611 116 for advice
- Ring before going to your Doctor or a hospital
- It is extremely important that you don’t just walk into your doctor’s surgery or the hospital Emergency Room
- Stay at home. Notify family/friends or neighbours
Infectious diseases don’t care who we are. We are all in this together