Why put off what you have been meaning to do, SeniorNet Kapiti has openings in the following courses for term 4:
- Email using Windows Live Mail: 30th Oct. – 6th Nov. Fri. 1.30 – 4.00
- What Can I Do On The Internet?: 4th Nov. – 18th Nov. Wed. 1.30 – 4.00
- Introduction To Word: 16th Nov. – 30th Nov. Mon. 1.30 – 4.00
- Managing And Editing Photos: 17th Nov. – 16th Dec. Mon. 9.30 – 12.00
- iPad Basics: 20th Nov. – 18th Dec. Fri. 1.30 – 4.00
- Introduction To Computers: 23rd Nov. – 7th Dec. Mon. 9.30 – 12.00
Contact Teresa at 298-3132 or email email@example.com.
A new workshop discussing the migration to Windows 10 is almost ready and we advise that you come to this workshop before initiating the upgrade. The ins and outs will be explained so as to make this a painless exercise. A notice of this workshop will be emailed to members when a date is finalised.
In addition we are planning a “Getting to know Windows 10” Workshop which will be of particular interest to people migrating from Windows 7. Dates for this single session Workshop will be emailed out once it is finalised.
We still need (assistant) tutors and it is the best way to way to keep up with the latest technology. As with all changes, special workshops are conducted for tutors as they have to know the changes that have taken place to be able to pass them on through the courses that we run. The more tutors we have the better for everyone and remember that Assistant Tutors are not required to stand up front – just assist fellow members during the exercises. If you know of someone who would make a good tutor bring them along to the next meeting. A great atmosphere has been created within this group of members so contact Kuini at firstname.lastname@example.org and come along to the next Tutors Workshop on 5th November at 9:30am.
Remember to support our sponsors: Noel Leeming, Vodafone, Westpac Bank and Grey Power.
Have fun computing